- The US Race Calendar will promote races and running clubs by providing publicity and a public forum for races and running club activities.
- The US Race Calendar will be a race calendar of running races and active outdoor events. The collected event information will provide better promotion for each event than that event would have if listed separately.
- Race directors and event managers will be able to edit and create their own events. There shall never be a cost or fee to add those events.
- Race information will be presented in a clear logical way to enable runners to find and participate in events
- As much relevant and accurate information as possible will be gathered about each event. Most importantly race date and time, start location, registration information, course and event information and contact information will be on each and every race information page.
- The same race calendar entry will be reused and updated every year to prevent duplicate, inaccurate and out of date race information. Duplicate events or events that have not been updated after 3 years will be deleted. The quality of the event information is more important than the number of revenue generating and visitor attracting pages.
- Ease of use of this website, it should do what each visitor wants, shall take precedence over attracting more visitors. A usable website shall be more important than a busy website.
- All registration information shall be kept private and will never be sold or used to generate revenue in any way.