Add or change your event
- Create a user account and add your race
It is free for all runners, event managers and race directors. All active outdoor events such as running, track, bicycling, hiking, orienteering, swimming, rowing, paddling, snowshoe and walking events are welcome (and indoor triathlons).
- Read privacy statement
- To add a race select (you must be logged-in to see this menu) "Add your race" You can add your race on the "Submit Event" page. Use your race name as the page title
- Use the same page every year find all of your previous content
use a title you can use every year without changing. (do not use 16th annual race name, you can put that in the alternate title) Why? Race name and city, state are best to get your race found on-line. If you added your race last year you can search for it by race or city name and just update your information.
How to find a race When you update your race information with new information it will be sent back to top of the front page and all category lists that it is on. It is to your advantage to reuse your race calendar listings when possible to avoid duplicate incorrect information. Also Google gives higher ranking to older pages, so search for your listing before adding a new one. Duplicate events will be deleted (the old one).
To edit your race just search by race name and then select the edit tab at the top of your listing and just below the race name. If the page title is underlined you may have to click on it to get the edit tab.
- If there is already a page about your race and you cannot edit it, send a note here
- Add your race here
- To add your race entry form upload using File attachments. It will appear with your listing.
- Add a race logo or picture of your race using the attached images link and browsing to the image on your computer. If you add an image with your listing it will also appear on the right at random with the other images. Choose Attached Images and browse to it on your computer. Random images are shown on the front page. As long as it is not too big it will be re-sized to both preview and a thumbnail sizes. You just need to upload one.
- When finished click the button labeled "Save" at the bottom of the page
- Say in your listing to leave questions as a comment after your listing, this is much better than giving out your phone number or email address. Comments will add more links to your race and bring more traffic to it.
- After your race add your race results
- Be sure to add the Vocabulary information about your race, this is how it is gets in the groups such as Half-marathons or Iowa marathons
The items labeled Vocabularies are used for the labels at the top of the page. These are necessary to get 5k races in the 5k classification and New York races in the New York group. This makes is possible to find your race in these groupings and adds more links to your race making it easier to find on a search engine such as Google. You must use the spelling already there by choosing from the drop down choices, for example if you put NYC instead of New York you will not be in that group. Read more about Categories Vocabularies are the categories at the top each event. The category 5k is a list of all 5k races. These are used to make your event more findable. To get into a category
you have to use the exact spelling for that city or place. Adding city and state or other incorrect information on the same line will cause it to be blank. Vocabularies
with a circle at the end of the line have a drop down list to make this easier. Type the first few letters and wait a few seconds (the circle will spin) for the drop down
list, click on the right one. See the style sheet in the user menu for more on spelling prefixes like fort and saint. Adding city and state on the line or other extra things
on any line will cause the whole line to blank.
- To create an account you need only supply a user name and email address. An email will be sent to this address simply respond to it and you are a registered user who can submit content to this website. All registered users can submit races to the race calendar. To create an account use the menu on left then choose create new account.
- Add Running Events on the menu above. That menu tab will appear after you create an account. Leave a comment if you have any questions. Content will be unpublished until it is moderated.
- You can read the privacy statement here.
Listing Your Races
- Have your race found Use the full month name such April instead Apr. You could also use both in your listing.
Use only words in your listing that people would search for. For example spelling out kilometer is bad since no uses that when searching. If you use kilometer and they search for 5k your race won’t be found. Try to guess the exact text they would search for. This should be contained in your listing.
- Searching For Races
You can find races by searching for keywords such as 5k or any word that you think will be in the listings you might be looking for. To find races in Springfield, search for that or you could type in March and search for races in March. Searching for marathons may get no results while searching for marathon will get many results.
- To leave a comment for a specific race search for that race and leave a comment below it.
- If you have any questions, leave a comment below.